Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Milestone

Today is my birthday. My 50th birthday.


This 50th year has been full of blessings and many exciting and interesting events that have made it memorable. It has been fun having a blog on which to chronicle these things and to make virtual friends in far away places. I am thankful for each one of these blessings but especially for my wonderful family and friends that forgive my many faults and continue to love and support me each day.



I have not spent a birthday in Michigan since 1992 and I have not spent it with both of my daughters since 2002 and I have not missed celebrating it with my husband in over thirty years. Those facts will make this day especially unique as I will be celebrating it here without my husband but with my daughters and my Michigan family.

We are making some special plans to attend an art quilt exhibit, go out to lunch together and spend the afternoon challenging ourselves with making croissant dough.




But, wouldn't it be a good day to have a baby too?

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Enjoy the special circumstances of this celebration. Yes, I think the perfect birthday present would be a new grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Happy Happy Birthday to you!!!!! Sounds like you are going to have a good one. Wouldn't it be great if baby decided to share you day? I am sure you would not mind at all.
    You know sometimes I don't have any trouble posting here other times I have to go in through Google Chrome. I have the same problem on the other blog I follow. I think they don't like this IE9 thingy. (I know you are impressed because I use such technical terms like thingy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know more about that wisteria! I will have to check that out. Do you live in the area??
    Blessings~
    Sandi@Wayside Treasures {only way I can leave a comment on some blogs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all.
    Yes, Kathy, I am very annoyed with Blogger. I know that some people have trouble with the comment posting and I don't know what we can do about it. I don't know why it malfunctions. I'm sorry but keep trying. I love to hear from my readers. I'm profoundly impressed with your terminology. I have no idea what you're talking about.

    And Sandi, I left a comment because you said lived close and I thought you may want to go inside the secret garden. I'm sure during the bloom it is stunning. I plan to blog about it soon. I live in Oregon but am visiting your area right now.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.