Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weddings, Simple or Complicated

Here's what I was up to this weekend in the kitchen.


Simple, straightforward cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla, with dainty rose decorations. 
Only a hundred.




And a little pink wedding cake for the bride and groom to cut together.



And then a cake that was decidedly not simple and straightforward, but challenging, time-consuming, complicated and ultimately satisfying. I really stretched and worked my skills with this one. Learned a lot about the difficulties of black buttercream. Do not look too closely at it or you will see all my mistakes. If I could make another one this week and apply all I learned, it would be three times better.

It is pretty photogenic from a distance though, isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. I think the black and white cake is lovely!

    Isn't it great that even when you become and "expert", there's still more room to grow and learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I really like the unique cake-topper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I am an "expert" at all yet. I have so much to learn.

    The cake topper is a monogram E. I was worried it wouldn't stay in place.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.