Thursday, May 19, 2011

Seen in the Gallery

I love glass.

Love, love, love it.



If I hadn't already learned how to manipulate clay, I would want to learn how to blow glass. A glass hobby is much more expensive to pursue than a clay hobby. I'm also too old to deal with the long learning curve so I need to stick with what I know.

But I am still magnetically drawn to brightly colored, fluid, hand-formed glass creations.


If I were wealthy, I would buy this in a heartbeat and enjoy examining it and meditating on it every day.




This artist has mastered his medium.



I can only imagine how much fun it is to play with molten glass and come up with things like this.



The things a craftsman can do with silica....endless.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. I'm just thinking about how much I'd burn myself trying to learn how to do that. Pretty amazing work, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. I love the fluidity in the piece. We took a field trip to a glass shop where the guys demonstrated the art of blowing glass. Their garden globes, light fixtures and ornaments are so beautiful. The kids (and adults) were fascinated with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have several places here too where demonstrations can be observed. I've also been to the glass museum in Tacoma (founded by Dale Chihuly) THAT is an amazing trip! I also watched a demonstration at a glass place in Venice where the guy took about 1 1/2 minutes to blow a pitcher with a handle, then smashed it. Probably did it a hundred times a day. Ah, so tempting!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.