Monday, April 18, 2011

Musical

This weekend we were at the theater to see this classic-




"THE HILARIOUS AND DELIGHTFULLY SHOCKING ROMANCE OF 7 EAGER BRIDES AND THEIR 7 MOUNTAIN ROMEOS"


 But we saw the small high school version...


And the kids did such a hilarious and delightfully good job that I was smiling through the whole thing.



Curiously, no matter how (slightly) imperfectly the lead actor sang his part, I could only hear Howard Keel in my head anyway- which made it great!



Every time my daughter Alyssa was on stage she was dancing and twirling too fast for me to get a clear photo of her, so I had to settle for this pose after the applause.
Since she is a senior in the final months of her homeschooling, this play was the last time we'll get to see her dressed up in petticoats and stage make-up for a high school production.  {{sniff}}

4 comments:

  1. I love musicals! Is this a homeschool production? Everytime you post about one of these I want to pack my bags and move to your state. Well, maybe nothing that drastic, but it does make me envy your organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's a private school production, that favors the paying students (and in this productions case the teachers) and gives them lead roles regardless of the fact that my sister could out act and out sing any of them. Don't worry Sis I got your back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Neal. You're sweet!

    Alyssa has been homeschooled her whole life yet she has had the privilege of participating in numerous musicals at both the public high school and the local Christian school. She's greatly enjoyed each one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I see. Good for Neal taking up for his sister.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.