Friday, August 13, 2010

A succulent

Katie was correct (if you read the comments of yesterday's post about the alien "flower").

This "hen" had so many "chicks" she went to seed.


And since I unmercifully hacked off the flower right after I photographed it, I can't show you the odd juxtaposition of that tall appendage sticking out of this pot. Forethought can be a good thing. I need to find me some.


This other little clump of hens and chicks in the flower bed also produced a flower. Again, I was tired of looking at the oddity and whacked it before making photographic evidence. Not much of a blogger am I.

2 comments:

  1. How strange! I wonder if they'd last inside. You could propagate them and make a killing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicks are very easy to propagate anyway. They barely need soil. You just break one off and set it to grow somewhere. Very little water requirements too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.