Thursday, April 15, 2010

Results

These are the last pottery photos I will post for a long, long time. I am taking a hiatus, a sabbatical, a vacation, a break- from pottery. I have so much baking to do in the next four months that I can't possibly spend even an hour in my studio. Also, this last cycle of throwing, glazing and firing was so grueling it almost killed me. I'm....burned....out.

The ironic thing is....

I really like the work that came out of that last difficult firing.

Here it is.


New glaze. Like it alot.



New technique. Like it too.















I spent one throwing session making twenty tiny bowls. Just for fun.
This was my favorite. It has the new copper glaze on it.




This was unexpected. The effects are a happy accident due to the looonnnggggg firing time.





















Jars are usually a throw-away, quick bread and butter thing. But I like these.





{{sigh}}

Conflicted.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love ALL of these. After all that agony...

    So these are like the limited edition pieces that have to cost twice as much because they're extra special AND the last...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are all so beautiful. I love the jars, and the mugs and the bowls...okay I love all of them. I envy your talents!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one the green color is amazing.
    The shape is interesting. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that vase too, Linda. That is a new glaze and I like everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.