Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tile my world

Remember my farm house kitchen facelift?

My old "blue matrix" laminate countertops were refaced with granite tile.

The kitchen facelift still has one more project before it is complete and that is to have new tile on the walls between the countertop backsplash and the upper cabinets.

The previous tile was made and installed by me sixteen years ago. Though I am tempted to make new tile again, I know realistically, I do not have time. I would like to get this kitchen finished before this decade is over and it won't happen if I put "make 150 kitchen tiles" on my ToDo list.



So I spent a couple hours in one of my favorite places in the world.



For someone like me who loves the look and feel of clay with glaze on it...




...this place is inspirational.



So many ideas, so little money.



Oh my flippin' word!

CUTE!!





Alyssa wants to tile her whole bedroom with colored circles.



I really need to get out in my studio!




Custom, hand-painted tile anyone?



So with every imaginable type of tile- clay, glass, or stone, in every color under the sun...
...what do you think I chose for my kitchen?





I spent time in the outlet store going through the boxes of "seconds" and came up with a plan to use 73 pounds of tile.

To be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.