Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Out With The Old

It's been quite a month. I'm glad it's over.



For two days I have been on my feet in the kitchen, baking cakes. Lots of cakes. Wedding cakes.


One hundred servings of coconut cake. Lime curd filling.


One hundred servings of fudge cake. Orange filling.


Ten gluten-free, allergen-free vanilla cupcakes.


And ninety gluten-full and allergen-full vanilla cupcakes.


Raspberry and blueberry filling for the cupcakes.






On New Year's Eve I'm going to be icing all those cakes and cupcakes.
That's how I'll be celebrating the holiday. When I'm done, I'll have a drink. Or three.






And on New Year's Day I'll be delivering all those cakes and cupcakes.
Then I'll take a nap. And maybe clean the kitchen.







Then I'll pack a bag because I'm taking a day off!

Gettin' outta Dodge.

I think I deserve it.

There's a boutique hotel in the city that brags about it's pillow top mattresses and high thread count sheets. It only costs 47 cupcakes. I'm going to take them up on it. I think it'll be a good way to start a new year.


How are you going to start the new year?

4 comments:

  1. By removing the old carpets from the hardwood floors of my chalet and putting the first personal touches in.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending time with friends at a Hoedown! Bonfire, hayride, marshmallows, fireworks, good food and good fellowship.

    Have fun at your getaway. Are you going alone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking a goat on a "date" today, then partying with friends to count down the last minutes. New Year's Day will probably include copious napping after church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! You girls are having fun! I'll just be getting sticky fingers and dirty dishes...

    I'm letting Mr. Dirtywrench come with me. He's been working hard too. :-)

    Congratulations on your chalet, Maria! New horizons! Hardwood is so much better than carpet too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.