Sunday, October 18, 2009

This didn't take ten hours on my feet...

After being in "Pie Mode" for the last few weeks, I shifted to "Cake" this weekend.





A birthday cake order for a returning customer meant I got to play around with some fondant.





The cake had an ocean theme so I pulled out this plaster shell mold I made decades ago.





By pressing colored fondant (rolled sugar icing) into the molds.....



....I made fairly realistic looking edible shells.






Placed with the off-white organic sugar as sand, I was pleased with the results.
Though, I wasn't as pleased with my "white cap" attempts with the pastry bag....

But it tasted good.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Don't we get to see a photo of the whole cake??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure which is more impressive - the fact that you made the mold or the fact that the shells look so great.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.