Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Buttery Pecan Cookies

With all the cookie baking I do -at least twelve dozen cookies a week- for the little coffee bar at Expertec Automotive Repair, I'm starting to assemble quite the cookie recipe file. I tend to tweak and twiddle with the standard recipes and come up with my own versions that work the way I want them to. This is one of my favorites for its simplicity and buttery goodness. I made a mess of them last night.

Buttery Pecan Cookies

1 ½ cups good quality butter (3 sticks), softened
1 cup brown sugar, plus more for dipping
1 egg
¼ teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, plus more whole pecans

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, salt and soda and mix until incorporated. Stir in the chopped pecans. Scoop dough into rounded teaspoonfuls. Dip one side of the dough ball into brown sugar and place sugar side up on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press a whole pecan on the top of the cookie. Bake for 10 minutes until cookies are set and edges are golden.




Yum, yum, yum!

1 comment:

  1. So amazing. I just read about a Christmas Cookie recipe exchange on Organizing My Way and thought my Pound Cake Cookie recipe would be the one to share. Although the recipes are different mine look just like yours. Mine doesn't call for brown sugar and uses a little less butter, but it's basically the same. If you're like me you can't keep them in the house. And if I'm giving them as Christmas gifts I have to guard them with my life to get them out the door! I'll have to try your version and compare.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.