Saturday, September 5, 2009

Apple Turnovers

About 120 of them

I lost count. It took me over seven hours. I don't know how long it would've taken without my helpers.


The boys lasted through about twenty pounds of apples.





Alyssa is on her way to becoming an excellent pastry chef.






It was not a one woman job, that's for sure.






I learned a lot as usual. I never did come up with a definitive answer as to why sometimes the dough worked perfectly and sometimes it cracked and gave me a twitchy eye.
I know one thing - shortening is from the devil.
Butter baby. It's the only way.




Would you like one of these with your coffee?


5 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely divine!! Way to go family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why it took so long. I was figuring on three hours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I LOVE apple turnovers...though I haven't had one in years.

    www.booshy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES I WANT ONE. but not with coffee give me milk!! Are you going to post the recipie?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.