Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ginger Spice Cookies

Since the opening of Expertec Automotive Repair in February, I've made hundreds and hundreds of cookies. I'm always tweaking recipes, working on getting them just right.

One recipe I worked on was for old fashioned ginger spice cookies. I wanted them to be chewy, with crisp edges but not hard and crunchy. My recipe is just that, with a yummy ginger spice flavor. I thought I'd share it...



Old Fashioned Ginger Spice Cookies


Beat until fluffy:
3 sticks of softened butter
2 cups of brown sugar
1 cup white sugar

Then add and beat well:
3/4 cups of molasses
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil

Add and mix until incorporated:
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons allspice
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon salt

Roll the dough into one inch balls. Toss each dough ball in coarse sugar and set on a baking sheet.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 14 minutes until set and crackly.
Underbaked cookies will be more soft and chewy, overbaked will be more crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.