Thursday, June 25, 2009

Can you believe it's the same dog?

My dog, Shadow.



He's very old.
Something like 95 dog years old.
18 or 19 people years.




He spends all his time lying around and sleeping.

Inside, outside, in the dirt, on my new carpet, in the flower beds, under the sprinkler.
Wherever. He don't care!







Consequently, his beautiful border collie coat gets pretty skunky and matted.

Every spring he gets clipped and bathed but since he's gotten so feeble I was afraid taking him to the groomer would be the end of him. But he was getting bad. Really bad. He just had to go.






Once he was roused from his morning stupor and shook off his early day stiffness, he said, "Okay. Sure."





He did just fine. The groomer likes his sweet nature. Most of the other old dogs try to kill her, she said. But Shadow is a good dog. When he got home he was happier and perkier then he's been in ages. He ran up the steps like he was seventy years younger. He seemed to enjoy his day.




Does he actually like his haircut?
Cuz I don't. I always hate to do it.
But it had to be done.








Oohh.... Shadow.
I'm sorry.

2 comments:

  1. I have to comment. I laughed so hard it hurt. I can only imagine how good he must feel now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor dog- who gave him the scarf? He looks unhappy about that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.