Friday, May 1, 2009

All dressed up and ready for company!

Now that the pottery is all made and fired, it was time to get the studio gussied up for company this weekend.

My favorite job is designing the window boxes and potted plants to add a little charm to the pottery studio.

The studio got a new paint job last fall so I had fun with the floral color scheme. I was on a tight budget but I found some great deals on some beautiful plants in just the right colors.





This is my assistant-in-training. He's only eight years old but he's good for something.


I just pointed him to the parts and "destructions" (as Mr. Dirtywrench calls them) and set him loose.




It won't be long and I'll have him mixing glazes and scraping kiln shelves.







I put my cracked and warped plates to good use as a flower bed border.


I was going for "charm" and "whimsy."







There's not much sun in the weekend weather forcast.

So what else is new?



The Gorge Artists Open Studio Tour has done a lot of publicity this year.
There was even a picture of me with my studio in our local paper this week.
They say a Portland TV station may come out on the tour this weekend too.


I think I'm ready.
Or at least the studio is.

3 comments:

  1. The studio looks great! Good luck! I hope you have lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I love the cracked plate border! Wondering if I can get my husband to play along with that idea. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a LOT of positive comments about the plate border from the visitors to my studio last weekend. It does look cute if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.