Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Bisque Fire - Complete!

Bisque firing went well - uneventful. My ancient, rickety kiln made it to 1800 degrees one more time.

But best of all - no cracking, warping or exploding!



Remember these plates? I showed how I made them in this post.


The first firing brings out how the slips do indeed have cobalt and copper carbonate for color. But these colors still don't represent the way the color will finally look under glaze.





Here is what I am especially pleased about:

My large baking dish made it through without any cracking. I am positively thrilled with this development!



Though I am continuing to make new work in the clay studio, these pieces are ready for the next phase which is glazing.


Count down to Open Studio Tour: 22 days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.