Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Love My Boys

Boys are great.

I have five of them.




Boys are very useful. Sometimes more useful than girls. They do things for me that I can't or won't do. Now, before my girls rise up and curse me, let me give some examples....




Boys can do work.

Like make patios...







or dig big holes....








They repair stuff.....











and build things....










My boys love babies and have done lots of babysitting....









They pour concrete...










...and plant gardens....









They keep my grass mowed.....(mostly....)










Some play music for me.....










Boys can bring home the, eh....bacon.....










and once in a while, one will cook it up....











Boys can butcher my chickens for me....(and almost enjoy it!)...










They keep me warm by hauling in that firewood when I need it...








It's a good thing that boys are so useful.
Because it makes up for a lot.









Like all the crying.....







LOTS of crying...









And the fighting...









And boy stuff like this....








...and this....



(this is a wedding cake that was sampled...)









and the dentist bills....










and doctor bills....










and did I say dentist bills?....








I love my boys. They're great.

They keep my life interesting.








(P.S. ...and I LOVE my scanner!!)

10 comments:

  1. I only have 2 sons and a daughter...but 6 grandsons,ages 10 to 21...and they pretty much do like yours...like the mud, fake fights, helping out, and having such innocent looking faces after spilling milk! :) gives us things to blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. When did you get a scanner?

    Also, in all of those photos, I have so much more hair. Ridiculous. And a bunch of them I'm really thin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post!

    I have three boys (and 4 girls!) and couldn't agree with you more!

    It all just takes you right to the edge of whatever you had in mind, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I was laughing all the way through!

    I want a passel of boys, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Advice for young moms-
    Just when you're ready to throw a rod or blow a head gasket, grab the camera. Then someday- you'll be able to laugh at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got it now. The photo of me and the "LOTS of crying." Har har.
    I actually got it when I was explaining all the photos to Gabs. I told her I was crying because I used to be kind of a pain to deal with. She said "You still are." Aha. Ho. Ha. ha. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 4 boys, and I totally needed that advice about grabbing the camera when I feel like I'm going to blow a head gasket. Thank you. Off to grab my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Gab- And you haven't even known Kristin very long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love boys too. And to think some of those boys are all grown up and out in society...being homeschooled and all....and doing just fine and dandy.

    BTW, loving your pottery shed, that is a very distant dream of mine. I'm so glad you have that to take refuge from those, er, uh, boys. AND so happy you started blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, April!!
    Thanks for visiting. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.