Friday, March 27, 2009

Got cream?

Take six beautiful, golden farm eggs, fresh from the chicken coop-



Beat them up with a half cup of sugar.....





Find two pints of REAL cream (left over from wedding cake)












Swirl in vanilla bean and dance over a flame.










Combine the hot cream with the eggs, strain and pour into ramekins....

Bake in a bain marie (water bath) in a 250 degree oven for an hour.

Chill. Read a magazine. Do your nails.







Close your eyes and pretend you're sitting in a little street cafe in Paris.

Creme Brulee

Now you're living!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try and make this on my own. Then I hesitate because you know that picture up there with 11 ramekins full of creme brulee? Well, I would probably polish them all off. My willpower is zilch nowadays.

    Looks delicious.
    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. That's the point. Breakfast (eggs after all!), second breakfast, brunch, lunch.....

    You could make half a batch if you don't have the competition I do around here.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.