Thursday, March 5, 2009

Baseball- Sons #4 and #5

The boy's reaction to the news that they've been signed up for Coach-pitched Little League Baseball:




8yo Samuel lost control of muscle function and collapsed in a daze on the floor.


Needless to say, he was one happy gringo.








6yo Peter. Not so much.




"I'm afraid of the ball! I don't want to play baseball!" He's been beaned by his brother once too many times already.

This is where Big Brothers come in....You know who you are!

What followed was lots of explanation about how the coaches teach you what to do and you wear a helmet at bat, yada yada, yada....

AND you would think I would know better than to start this in the middle of the school day. I'm not sure what came over me....





....because Samuel proceeded to concentrate very intently on his work. Yea.






But Sam worked on his brother all day and managed to sway Peter into a better frame of mind about it.




{{sigh}} Please rain. Go away before the season officially starts....

1 comment:

  1. Rad. I wish I was there to help pre-coach and play some backyard ball with them. Actually, I've always wanted to be a little league coach. Maybe some day later on.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.